When I started to work with Text-Link-Ads my sites were already up and running. I was looking for a way to sell some links. After trying various programs and forums, I was ready to try something else. Text-Link-Ads was referred to me by a friend who said “if you have a PR3 blog, this will get you some cash”… and it did!
So here is my recipe on How to make money online with Text-Link-Ads
- Your websites/blog needs to be established. Text-link-ads works only if you have a Page Rank 3 or higher blog. If you don’t know what’s your PR, see this PR tool. If your site/blog has a PR3 or higher, you’re good to go. If not, you should stop reading now and work on your blog.
- Go to Text-Link-Ads website and register. They pay via PayPal, so if you don’t have an account there I recommend one. Into PayPal, insert your real information because they will ask for some scanned documents. Work legally!
- After your TLA account is up and running, you need to add your blogs/sites. Select Publishers > Submit a new site/page
- If your page is accepted, you’ll receive a mail. Your work is not over yet. Go to Publishers > View/edit your sites and select “edit details” for that site. You need to make a short and very convincing description of your site. Be sure to include “established” and “returning visitors” there. Set the main keywords. There are two pricing options: manual and automatic. I usually choose manual and start with $9 for a PR2, $19PR3, 29-39 PR4 …
- Don’t worry if the links will not sell the next day. It takes time, but when you sell a link, that advertiser will usually buy it for a loooong time. If a month has passed and you have not sold one single link, you need to tweak your title, description and keywords. Play with them, you will get there.
Click this image in order to submit for a new TLA account:
If your page rank is lower than 3, you will not get accepted. In order to raise your PR, read this:
Promote your blog everywhere you can. Any link to your blog/site is really important. Make a Facebook page for it, make people talk about your page. Use PingFarm and use Shareaholic to share your blog to various websites (just install it to Firefox and you’ll understand). Article directories are your friends. Write articles related to your blog and add your link in the resource box.
Google for “top article directories 2012”. Great lists there